PDA

View Full Version : Re: Gooseneck Console Mic

PAGreenP
July 2nd 03, 03:37 AM
Shure has a variety of those with various connections for easy application.

"Analogeezer" > wrote in message
m...
> (Eric Toline) wrote in message
> > Radio Shack # 33-3011, $39.99. IIRC it's the AT mic with a RS label.
> >

> > Eric
>
> I dunno, I bought one of the Rat Shack mics and it didn't work worth a
> crap, you had to be right next to it to make it work, even with the
> talkbalk gain turned all the way up.
>
> A few years later I wound up with the ATM3R (Paid $44 as I recall) and
> it worked a lot better. It's also longer, with a thicker gooseneck.
>
> Maybe there is a ratshack version of the ATM3R (which they market as a
> DJ mic) but the ratshack one I had was very different.
>
> Analogeezer

Eric Toline
July 2nd 03, 04:12 AM
Re: Gooseneck Console Mic

Group: rec.audio.pro Date: Mon, Jun 30, 2003, 6:17am (EDT-3) From:
(Analogeezer)
(Eric Toline) wrote in message
Radio Shack # 33-3011, $39.99. IIRC it's the AT mic with a RS label.
Eric

I dunno, I bought one of the Rat Shack mics and it didn't work worth a
crap, you had to be right next to it to make it work, even with the
talkbalk gain turned all the way up.
Could very well be. I use mine as a slate & PL mic on film location jobs
so getting close to the mic is a given. I run it through a dedicated mic
input on the mixer with more than enough gain.

Eric