PDA

View Full Version : Re: Louder IS Better (With Lossy)

Roger W. Norman
July 2nd 03, 03:30 AM
Apparently you would. So? I spent years on enterprise architecture
planning and digital signature. So what. It doesn't present itself to this
group of professionals chasing the ever elusive goal of the best one can
produce for a client. I know of no one that has a client come in to record
in order to have mp3s. Call me arrogant, but again I tell you that if you
want to discuss the ramifications of your "discovery" then you'd be best
served by talking to the people that developed the concept in the first
place. If that's arrogant, then so be it. I don't discuss NASCAR engines
with Lawnboy technicians.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

301-585-4681

"Lord Hasenpfeffer" > wrote in message
> Roger W. Norman wrote:
> > Actually, were one to read the faqs, the mission statement is that this
> > group is for professionals who happen to be in audio production.
>
> My knowledge regarding MP3 production is directly related to a business
> project on which I am working. Just because you don't do this too
> doesn't mean that nobody else does.
>
> *Pretty arrogant I'd say!*
>
> Myke
>

> --
>
> -================================-
> Windows...It's rebootylicious!!!
> -================================-

Lord Hasenpfeffer
July 2nd 03, 05:20 AM
Roger W. Norman wrote:

> I know of no one that has a client come in to record
> in order to have mp3s.

Ever heard of a rock band consulting a webmaster to have their music put
online in mp3 format?

Myke

--

-================================-
Windows...It's rebootylicious!!!
-================================-

David Morgan \(MAMS\)
July 2nd 03, 05:40 AM
"Lord Hasenpfeffer" > wrote in message ...
> Roger W. Norman wrote:
>
> > I know of no one that has a client come in to record
> > in order to have mp3s.
>
> Ever heard of a rock band consulting a webmaster to have their music put
> online in mp3 format?

Yeah... several times a month. It's usually up the next day.

But the statement was, that people don't use a studio to record using
an MP3 format. Are we straying from your "mission statement" ?

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s.com

Lord Hasenpfeffer
July 2nd 03, 05:47 AM
David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

>>> I know of no one that has a client come in to record
>>> in order to have mp3s.
>>
>> Ever heard of a rock band consulting a webmaster to have their music put
>> online in mp3 format?
>
> Yeah... several times a month. It's usually up the next day.

Yes, it's easy to make MP3s. But I believe there's more to the art of
it than just rip-and-encode.

> But the statement was, that people don't use a studio to record using
> an MP3 format. Are we straying from your "mission statement" ?

I asked early on if this discussion was off-topic for this thread and
did not receive a "yes" answer.

And yes this is just another random tangent.

Myke

--