PDA

View Full Version : 2-4 channel mixer with mic-pres and digital outputs

cvsound
July 2nd 03, 02:14 AM
Hello,

The AETA Mix 2000 (http://www.aetausa.com/Pages/MIX2000-hm.html)
seems a very portable and powerful 4 channel digital mixer having 4
independent mic-pres plus AES/EBU and SPDIF digital outputs, yet very
small and light weight. Anyone has opinions on this product?
I am looking for a very light weight and small-sized unit having
similar functions as the AETA Mix 2000 (2-4 mic-pres and digital
outputs) and cost less. Are there similar products in the market?

Thanks,
Eric

Ron Charles
July 2nd 03, 03:47 AM
I have used a less sophisticated AETA field preamp/mixer without digital
outs, and the unit was quite nice, although I did end up replacing it with a
better Sound Devices product.
Ron Charles
"cvsound" > wrote in message
m...
> Hello,
>
> The AETA Mix 2000 (http://www.aetausa.com/Pages/MIX2000-hm.html)
> seems a very portable and powerful 4 channel digital mixer having 4
> independent mic-pres plus AES/EBU and SPDIF digital outputs, yet very
> small and light weight. Anyone has opinions on this product?
> I am looking for a very light weight and small-sized unit having
> similar functions as the AETA Mix 2000 (2-4 mic-pres and digital
> outputs) and cost less. Are there similar products in the market?
>

> Thanks,
> Eric

Mike Rivers
July 2nd 03, 02:05 PM
In article > writes:

> The AETA Mix 2000 (http://www.aetausa.com/Pages/MIX2000-hm.html)
> seems a very portable and powerful 4 channel digital mixer

Looks expensive. How much do you want to spend (and how much do you
not want to spend)?

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )

cvsound
July 3rd 03, 01:57 AM
(Mike Rivers) wrote in message news:<znr1057144411k@trad>...
> In article > writes:
>
> > The AETA Mix 2000 (http://www.aetausa.com/Pages/MIX2000-hm.html)
> > seems a very portable and powerful 4 channel digital mixer
>
> Looks expensive. How much do you want to spend (and how much do you
> not want to spend)?

I would be willing to spend less than $2k for such product with
digital outputs. Portability is one of my main concern.

Eric