PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using more than 1 TC Unity card in 02R?

Martin Quinn
July 2nd 03, 01:21 AM
Just had a suggestion to get 3 TC Unity cards that are goin at the right
price so that I can interface my RADAR with my 02R with 24bit ADAT
lightpipe. I'm a little worried (and confused) about the effects return
routing of these cards. Would I be wrong in saying that what the manual
describes is that if you put a card in slot 3 the effects get returned on
mic inputs 7+8. Does this mean that the digital data arriving at the ADAT
input on the card gets mixed with the fx on channels 7+8? If so how can this
work if you have say a kick and snare on 7 + 8 that you want to eq and
adjust fader levels separately? I've read about the extended routing and
thats fine but with 3 cards installed will I be able to:

1. Mix 24 tracks of Digital audio
2. Have 8 analog inputs (say Mic ins 9 - 16) still available for patching in
processors?
3. Be able to use 3 TC Unity FX processors inside the console without
sacrificing any of the 40 channels as FX returns? (the 2 internal 02R FX
achieve this but does the Unity?)

Thanks for helping me clear up the confusion!

Martin