PDA

View Full Version : Re: Complete recording studio-Neve,Neumann,Manley, etc etc

Analogeezer
July 1st 03, 04:01 AM
"Lowndes" > wrote in message >...
> > At quick glance, I don't see $29K there, but I could be wrong.
> > Remember that if you really want to sell this as a lot, you're going
> > to have to take a BIG hit, because you'll almost certainly be selling
> > to someone who will just turn around and re-sell at least half of it.
> > That might be called a "dealer" in some circles, and dealers are used
> > to buying for 50% or thereabouts of their selling price.
> >
> > I expect we'll be seeing this stuff on eBay before long.
>

> Hey Mike,
>
> There is definitely well over $30k there, but you're right - in a few days,
> I'll probably start posting links to individual items. I would absolutely
> love to open a studio with someone who has a complementary inventory of gear
> (after optimization/shuffling of the main items such as the console and mac)
> but thinking pragmatically it's probably better to sell it off and focus on
> one or two things, rather than try to be a musician/producer/engineer/etc
> all at once... but if anyone is bold/daring enough, add it up, figure it
> out for yourself, swing by New Brunswick... It's such a money pit to try to
> do it all right.. I don't even have enough cash left over for the split
> Trane I was looking at, much less acoustically lined duct work, VDs,
> isolation mounts, yada yada.. Sell the 2" for proper ventilation?? bah
> humbug!! Hey, at least I finished recording this project I was working on..
> problem was that I dreamt too big and didn't plan right (I had Neve modules
> before I even had a recorder!). Having said all that: $28k! :) Otherwise,
> sit tight for ebay links.
>
> -Paul
> email:

Just a thought but if you want someone to come by with a van and pick
it all up posting the location might help.

You said "New Brunswick" above but that could be just about
anywhere...maybe even Canada? If it's New Brunswick Canada, I don't
forsee many people swinging by just because they are in the
neighborhood.

Still a lot of nice stuff on that list, good luck with the sale.

Analogeezer