PDA

View Full Version : Re: PodXT Pro, First Impressions

Buster Mudd
July 1st 03, 03:15 AM

Digital INPUTS?!?! About ****ing time!

> I have no idea whether the PodXT Pro can be master-clocked to a studio master
> word clock. No info in the manual, so I'm not entirely sure how useful the
> digital IO really is.

Wait, the old POD Pro has word clock in but the new one doesn't??? No
wonder this company can't get no respect.

Monte P McGuire
July 3rd 03, 09:20 AM
In article >,
Buster Mudd > wrote:
>Digital INPUTS?!?! About ****ing time!
[snip]
>Wait, the old POD Pro has word clock in but the new one doesn't??? No
>wonder this company can't get no respect.

Slaving to digital input is equivalent to having a word clock input.
Sure, the extracted clock may not be so pure as a genuine word clock,
but heck, it's a Pod, right? And you're using it in D-D mode too, so
the clock doesn't mean diddly. It's a state machine in D-D mode...

Regards,

Monte McGuire

jzb
July 4th 03, 02:26 AM
Monte P McGuire wrote:
> the clock doesn't mean diddly.

heh... diddly...

I *love* this news group. I get to learn the technical terms that'll
make me edjumacated.

-=j=-

--
Boston Music Research