PDA

View Full Version : Re: CuaseSX, Nuendo, Sonar, Vegas Video??

Tony Roe
July 1st 03, 01:16 AM
I don't know the answers, but I'll second the question.

I'd like to work in one environment (relative beginner) and have tried Cool Edit
Pro and Sonar 2.2; I was accustomed to Cool Edit and found it easy. Sonar will
take a while longer, but I'm generally impressed, especially with CAL (although
I wish it didn't use LISP syntax). I'm doing a lot with Midi, so that's
important to me, although I can also see that video would be nice in the future
some time too.

I've heard good things about Nuendo's audio and VST's midi, and also about SX
(although it seems to be somewhat less than Nuendo+VST). I'd like to know where
Sonar sits wrt SX and Nuendo+VST, ideally with examples.

Is it silly to hope for a single environment?

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:39:41 GMT, "Scott Reams" > wrote:

>What's your goal? If you work with MIDI, that rules out Vegas. If you do
>video editing, Vegas is it.
>
>Narrow it down first by telling us what it is you want to do.
>
>-S
>

>"GA" > wrote in message
om...
>> Which would you choose?

Regards,
Tony (remove "_" from email address to reply)

Laurence Payne
July 1st 03, 10:13 AM
>Which would you choose?

For doing what?