PDA

View Full Version : Need part for Altec P-518-A Mic power supply

Richard Links
July 1st 03, 01:26 AM
Hello:

I have a 1950's Altec P-518-A power supply, which goes with one of their old
tube "coke bottle" microphones, in this case, one with a 21-B omni capsule.

I accidentally damaged the panel-mount Canon type P-8-13 on the power supply
itself while removing a mic line. This is a provision for an 8-pin mic
connector (plug).

Does anyone know of a good source for a replacement of this sort? Again,
this would be a request for a replacement of the panel-mounted socket, not
the plug, which is fine.

Thanks in advance!

Richard Links
Berkeley, CA

Scott Dorsey
July 1st 03, 02:10 AM
Richard Links > wrote:

>I have a 1950's Altec P-518-A power supply, which goes with one of their old
>tube "coke bottle" microphones, in this case, one with a 21-B omni capsule.
>
>I accidentally damaged the panel-mount Canon type P-8-13 on the power supply
>itself while removing a mic line. This is a provision for an 8-pin mic
>connector (plug).
>
>Does anyone know of a good source for a replacement of this sort? Again,
>this would be a request for a replacement of the panel-mounted socket, not
>the plug, which is fine.

Connector-World Supply in Seattle.