PDA

View Full Version : Re: ortofon OM10 Broken can anyone help!!

Lisa
August 27th 03, 06:07 AM
Hans Henrik Pedersen og Annette Ipsen > wrote in message >...
> Lisa skriver:
> > .........I managed to pull one of the pins
> > out from the cartridge............ Can anyone tell me if I can fix this.
>
> I doubt it is easy to fix this without some butchering that
> will destroy the exterior look, and as I don't know your
> skill with a soldering iron this is difficult to handle
> without standing with the parts.
>
> On the other hand: The cartridge is worthless as it is, so
> why not try to do some butchering, comforted by the fact,
> that the stylus is the expensive part of the package.
>
> The worst thing that can happen is, that you will have to
> buy a new cartridge, and if the stylus you have is fine,
> perhaps an extra stylus isn't that bad - either buy an
> upgrade cartridge like OM 20 or 30 - or a PRO pickup if you
> have many worn records from the past/fleamarkets etc.
>
> If you do have luck to butcher and solder the "patient",
> you'll be proud of yourself and feel less clumsy afterwards.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Henrik.

Thanks for the tips, I will try the butchering, as you say I have
nothing to lose.
I do get a lot of my records from flea markets etc, why is the ortofon
pro so good for this type of thing

regards

justin

Hans Henrik Pedersen og Annette Ipsen