PDA

View Full Version : any good multi CD players?

Silvia Lucherini
August 23rd 03, 07:29 PM
I am going to buy B&W CM4 speakers, a multi CD player (3 to 5 CD's)
and an amplifier. Any suggestions for the CD player and the amplifier
? Please list online reviews if you know of any.

Thanks

Silvia

Bob Marcus
August 24th 03, 08:32 PM
(Silvia Lucherini) wrote in message >...
> I am going to buy B&W CM4 speakers, a multi CD player (3 to 5 CD's)
> and an amplifier. Any suggestions for the CD player and the amplifier
> ? Please list online reviews if you know of any.
>
> Thanks
>
> Silvia

You might get a greater response if you told us what price range you
were looking at. Room size, type of music, and how loud you listen are
also factors in choosing an amp.

There are very good and very reasonably-priced integrated amps,
starting at around $500, by the likes of NAD, Rotel, Yamaha, and
Marantz. I don't know much about your speakers, but a quick glance at
the specs suggests that any of these amps will drive them adequately,
unless you're trying to fill a very large space with a lot of sound.

The best way to find reviews is to go to each of their Web sites.
There will be a reviews page. All the reviews will be positive, but
then all reviews are.

As for CD changers, many true blue audiophiles shun them for their
mechanical weaknesses. I know of a 12-year-old Philips that's still
going strong, however.

bob