PDA

View Full Version : Digital CD->MD problem

antgel
August 23rd 03, 04:19 PM
Hi all,

I am trying to digitally record a CD onto MD. The CD player is my
trusty Arcam Alpha 8, and the MD is a cheapish Pioneer MJ-D707. The
cable is ain average coax Cambridge Audio.

This has never worked all that well, so I thought I'd ask here. Now and
then, the MD recorder shows "Din Unlock". Apparently this means the
input signal is not there or no good. This lasts less than a second,
but causes gaps in the recordings.

I'd understand if it was scratches, but then I'd expect it to happen at
the same place on subseuqent attempts. But it's not that reproducible.
The most I can say is that some CD's seem to suffer much more than
others. Some record with no problems

This happens on mint as well as slightly scratched CD's. The CD player
sounds normal when playing an affected disc normally.

Any ideas?

stany
September 9th 03, 04:56 PM
try use computer. grab CD to WAV files and through optical OUT record
wav on your MD (if you ofcourse got such sound card and optical IN in
your MD )
i do so with my JVC MD and Yamaha Fortissimo sound card - works perfect.

another solution is to try same way as above, but with digital OUT/IN

greets