PDA

View Full Version : Mark Levinson vs Jadis

john
August 16th 03, 01:30 AM
I would be very interested on hearing from other serious audiophiles whom
have
had the pleasure of listening to the Jadis JP80mc and the Mark Levinson 380S
and
or the No 32.
How did they compare in the resolution of the very fine areas where the
music lives.
you know, that area where the hairs on the back of your head stand up.
I have heard that the Mark levinson reveal extreme fine detail, & the Jadis
just
sounds like music.

John

Azimuth
August 18th 03, 06:23 AM
Hi John,

You really need to go to a brick and mortar dealer and spend quality
time listening to each unit.
Jadis and Levinson are luxury products which cannot be described
through text, but need to be experienced, like any high performance
merchandise.

A good dealer will allow you time to do so, as well set up
all 2 or 3 preamps in the same system, for you to evaluate.

-Matt

"john" > wrote in message >...
> I would be very interested on hearing from other serious audiophiles whom
> have
> had the pleasure of listening to the Jadis JP80mc and the Mark Levinson 380S
> and
> or the No 32.
> How did they compare in the resolution of the very fine areas where the
> music lives.
> you know, that area where the hairs on the back of your head stand up.
> I have heard that the Mark levinson reveal extreme fine detail, & the Jadis
> just
> sounds like music.
>
> John

Mkuller
August 18th 03, 08:21 PM
wrote:>
>I would be very interested on hearing from other serious audiophiles whom
>have
>had the pleasure of listening to the Jadis JP80mc and the Mark Levinson 380S
>and
>or the No 32.
>How did they compare in the resolution of the very fine areas where the
>music lives.
>you know, that area where the hairs on the back of your head stand up.
>I have heard that the Mark levinson reveal extreme fine detail, & the Jadis
>just
>sounds like music.

IMHO, you have described here the difference between good High End solid and
tubed amps. I owned a Pass X-350 for a couple of months and it was the best
solid state amp I had heard. It was great on low level detail, dynamics and
bass slam but I always felt I was listening to an amplifier. Then I compared
it to a pair of Manley Neo-Classic 250s (same retail price) and the Manleys
just sounded like music in my room. Needless to say, I got rid of the Pass and
love the Manleys. Be sure you spend some time listeneing to each amp on your
own system if possible. First impressions aren't always accurate.
Regards,
Mike

john
August 20th 03, 03:41 PM
Thankyou everybody for your imput.
My problem is that, Yes I own the Jadis JP80mc and there is a
Mark levinson 380s coming available. But this is Australia
and distances are vast making things pretty hard to compare.
That is why I was seeking out someone whom has had the
opportunity to compare.

John