PDA

View Full Version : Phase Linear 4000

Bob Lee
July 23rd 03, 05:29 PM
I've got an older PL 4000 Preamp. For those that are familiar with it,
the rca jacks (input and output) are board mounted at a 90 degree angle.
Most of the jacks on my pre amp have come loose and/or broken. I've
checked with some repair services and they can be replaced. My question
is whether I may be better off custom making a back panel, mounting
standard rca jacks into that panel and then solder wires to the board.
The board mounted rca jacks appear to be a weakness.

Bob Lee

NESTEGARD
July 24th 03, 05:50 PM
No reason that wouldn't work. That was quite a pre-amp. I used to appreciate
how the "auto de-correlator" could eliminate the surface noise from LPs with a
minimal effect on the high frequencies. Lots of knobs and switches to play
with on that baby!