PDA

View Full Version : Ques re: McIntosh C22 & C11.

BITCASTER1
July 20th 03, 11:58 PM
The McIntosh C11 and C22 preamps have a single speaker connection on the back.
One from the amp's output & one to a single speaker. No impedence is given and
there is only 1 in and 1 out. What is this for and what does the preamp do with
the signal?

Terry
July 21st 03, 12:57 AM
These were used for headphone jack on the front panel, have no
connection to the main preamp.

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:58:28 GMT, (BITCASTER1)
wrote:

>The McIntosh C11 and C22 preamps have a single speaker connection on the back.
>One from the amp's output & one to a single speaker. No impedence is given and
>there is only 1 in and 1 out. What is this for and what does the preamp do with
>the signal?

Rich Andrews
July 21st 03, 03:30 AM
(BITCASTER1) wrote in

> The McIntosh C11 and C22 preamps have a single speaker connection on the
> back. One from the amp's output & one to a single speaker. No impedence
> is given and there is only 1 in and 1 out. What is this for and what
> does the preamp do with the signal?

Those connections are for the phase reversal switch. One is from the amp and
the other connection is to one speaker. The slide switch reverses the
phase/polarity of the speaker.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic."

Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - ), "Technology and the Future"

Rich Andrews
July 21st 03, 03:31 AM
Terry > wrote in
et:

> These were used for headphone jack on the front panel, have no
> connection to the main preamp.

Those connections have nothing to do with headphones on any C22 that I have
seen.

--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic."

Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - ), "Technology and the Future"

Terry
July 21st 03, 10:21 PM
Opps, they were for phase recersal switch on C11 and 22, the C24 used
them for headphone output with loading resistors, should have pulled
schematic first before answering.

Terry