PDA

View Full Version : Thiel CS 1.4 and cables

Charles
July 15th 03, 09:25 PM
I am thinking about getting the Thiel CS 1.4 speakers. Has anybody out
there have any experience with these speakers? I am also looking for
speaker cables that will go along with them. Any recommendations?
Thanks
Charles

JBDarmo
July 18th 03, 05:36 AM
"Charles" > wrote in message
> I am thinking about getting the Thiel CS 1.4 speakers. Has anybody out
> there have any experience with these speakers? I am also looking for
> speaker cables that will go along with them. Any recommendations?
> Thanks
> Charles

The Thiels are very revealing. You won't want anything that is on the bright
side. I always suggest Cardas for Thiels. Cardas has a smoother sound
balance. Check out the Quadlink.

Art Altman
August 10th 03, 06:48 AM
(Charles) wrote in message news:<AqZQa.72765$H17.21220@sccrnsc02>...
> I am thinking about getting the Thiel CS 1.4 speakers. Has anybody out
> there have any experience with these speakers? I am also looking for
> speaker cables that will go along with them. Any recommendations?
> Thanks
> Charles

Thiel has never produced a 1.4 speaker. You must mean 2.4 or 1.6.
Lot's of clean, warm-sounding power and Cardas Golden Cross (not
Golden Reference) would be great match. Expect a LONG breakin
period, bass in particular will be tight at first.