PDA

View Full Version : Re: New Paradigm Reference?

jnana
July 12th 03, 08:34 PM
Mike Kozlowski > wrote in message >...
> In article <Z_MJa.1172$R73.492@sccrnsc04>,
> Kalman Rubinson > wrote:
> >On 23 Jun 2003 23:30:57 GMT, Mike Kozlowski > wrote:
> >
> >>There's a short news article at
> >>
> >> http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/newsflash/paradigm-reference-v3-06-2003.html
> >>
> >>saying that Paradigm's released a new line of Reference speakers.
> >>Paradigm's Web site has absolutely no indication of this, or
> >>information about the new speakers. Anyone know anything else? Any
> >>pictures? Release date? Anything?
> >
> >All I see at the website is a pop-up announcing the Signature series
> >but no information.
>
> I think you know this, but just to make sure: The Reference Studio
> v.3 that I'm talking about isn't the same as the Signature series; the
> Signature stuff is a new higher-end line from Paradigm, whereas the
> v.3 stuff is (apparently) a refresh of their existing Reference line.

I did see the new Reference Studio 20 V3 and heard them. They are better than
V2. But, to me, the degree of difference was not that great. But if I were to
buy now, I would rather buy the V3s than V2s. Other thing I was told was that,
for Studio 100, the drivers are 7" instead of 8" on V2s. Also, it seems to
keep the difference between their upcoming high-end signature series and
Studio series, I was told that, the bass on Studio 100s is reduced(could
be due to 1" less driver size). I am waiting for Studio 60 and 100s
for listening in about 2weeks.

-jnana