PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Grado SR125 or SR225 headphones?

MarkZimmerman
July 7th 03, 03:50 PM
Anyone on here have experience with either of the above headphones? Am
thinking of getting a pair of Grados.
Best,

Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

Blaster
July 7th 03, 11:13 PM
"MarkZimmerman" > wrote in message
> Anyone on here have experience with either of the above headphones? Am
> thinking of getting a pair of Grados.
> Best,
>
> Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

I haven't had any experience with those particular models, but I have the
Grado SR60 that I use while travelling. I use the Sennheiser 580 at home.

Wylie Williams
July 14th 03, 05:40 PM
I sold these at my my store for many years. I liked them a lot; lots of my
customers thought they were the best for the money; the SR 60s have been a
"best for the price" magazine nominee for years; we had customers compare
the various Grados in the store and there was always a little better sound
as you spent more money.
As for the comfort - at first they had very hard pads, even a bit scratchy.
Felt terrible. I couldn't stand them. That sort of reputation takes a long
time to die as it gets passed by word of mouth. Now the pads are much
better; I thinl they are acccepatble. Since I only sold Grado headphones,
so I don't know how they compare in comfort.

Wylie Williams

"MarkZimmerman" > wrote in message
> Anyone on here have experience with either of the above headphones? Am
> thinking of getting a pair of Grados.
> Best,
>
> Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

JBDarmo
July 18th 03, 08:27 AM
"Wylie Williams" > wrote in message
> I sold these at my my store for many years. I liked them a lot; lots of
my
> customers thought they were the best for the money; the SR 60s have been a
> "best for the price" magazine nominee for years; we had customers compare
> the various Grados in the store and there was always a little better sound
> as you spent more money.
> As for the comfort - at first they had very hard pads, even a bit
scratchy.
> Felt terrible. I couldn't stand them. That sort of reputation takes a
long
> time to die as it gets passed by word of mouth. Now the pads are much
> better; I thinl they are acccepatble. Since I only sold Grado headphones,
> so I don't know how they compare in comfort.
>
> Wylie Williams
>
> "MarkZimmerman" > wrote in message
> > Anyone on here have experience with either of the above headphones? Am
> > thinking of getting a pair of Grados.
> > Best,
> >
> > Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicagoe

I sell these now. The 225s have tighter driver matching and better cabling
than the 125s. The Grado phones have a smoother, more
laid back sound balance. Sennheisers for example have a more up front, in
your face sound balance. The Sennheisers are more
comfortable though.

Joe