PDA

View Full Version : Rega P3 Drive belt problems

Gavin Will
July 4th 03, 06:39 PM
Hello

I am getting a clicking sound from my Rega P3. It looks as if the
drive belt is moving up and down on the spindle that the platter sits
on and when it gets to the top it rotates round itself and goes back
down to the bottom of the spindle. I hope this description makes
sense. I have bought a new drive belt but it didnt solve the problem
for long. Any recommendations as to keeping the drive belt in the
center of the spindle.. Many Thanks Gavin
]

WildWally
July 6th 03, 05:30 AM
Maybe the spindle is slightly warped or the belt maybe loose. Buy a new belt
a see if the problem still occurs.

WildWally

Arny Krueger
July 6th 03, 06:58 PM
"Gavin Will" > wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I am getting a clicking sound from my Rega P3. It looks as if the
> drive belt is moving up and down on the spindle that the platter sits
> on and when it gets to the top it rotates round itself and goes back
> down to the bottom of the spindle. I hope this description makes
> sense. I have bought a new drive belt but it didnt solve the problem
> for long. Any recommendations as to keeping the drive belt in the
> center of the spindle.. Many Thanks Gavin

It sounds like the motor is cocked. Its bushings might have become loose or
its mountings might be bent.