PDA

View Full Version : Re: switching audio between two rooms...?

Dave Plowman
July 19th 03, 08:30 PM
In article >,
Faustino Dina > wrote:
> Somebody pointed me to some kind of distributing audio amplifiers to
> which you can audio enable as much rooms as you want, but I don't want
> to trust the audio to such devices. What do you recommend in this case?

A *proper* DA - balanced output - is the way analogue audio is
distributed professionally, and will be near enough transparent if well
designed. And certainly better than the alternatives. However, such things
ain't cheap and aren't really available for the domestic market.

--
*Do they ever shut up on your planet?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

םחכילטמ
July 19th 03, 09:40 PM
> --
> *Do they ever shut up on your planet?
>
> Dave,

Where do you get all these mildly amusing anecdotes?

Dave Plowman
July 19th 03, 11:20 PM
In article >,
םחכילטמ > wrote:
> > *Do they ever shut up on your planet?
> >
> > Dave,

> Where do you get all these mildly amusing anecdotes?

From anywhere I find them.

--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Arny Krueger
July 20th 03, 02:05 AM
"Faustino Dina" > wrote in message

> I want to hear my AVR in two rooms, not simultaneously. I think I
> need some kind of switch to interconnect from one pair of speakers to
> another. But the user manual of the AVR recommends connect the
> speakers only when the receiver is not on the power line. Then I'll
> need to power off the receiver, disconnect it from the power line,
> switch the speakers, and connect all... it sounds a little
> embarrasing.... Somebody pointed me to some kind of distributing
> audio amplifiers to which you can audio enable as much rooms as you
> want, but I don't want to trust the audio to such devices. What do
> you recommend in this case?

A speaker switch. Try searching google...