PDA

View Full Version : 78s Which cartridge is better

Ansermetniac
August 21st 03, 04:11 AM
I am now using a Fairchild 225-A cartridge from the 50s. It is mono and I
think it has a 1 mil stylus. Would I be better off with a Shure M78 with
its 3 mil stylus. That Fairchild has such a nice sound. What does the Shure
sound like? I am quite happy with an old M3D for used stereo lps. I like to
track as heavy as I can and get one good play to make a CD

My Sumiko Oyster I save for new records because you can't track it heavy.
But it does have a nice sound for a cheap cartridge.

Abbedd