PDA

View Full Version : Home Theater Recommendation

JBarrett
August 21st 03, 01:32 AM
I'd like to buy a home theater in a box for a bedroom approx. 14 by 16
feet (the bedroom, that is) and pay
under $1000 preferably $500 to $600. Prefer small speakers. Will
probably use it for TV more than
music. This is an apt. bldg with thin walls and will not be playing it
loud. Current set up: Sony WEGA TV,
GoVideo DVD w progressive scan/VCR, Digital Cable.
Would appreciate any recommendations.
TIA
JBarrett

Joseph Oberlander
August 21st 03, 07:02 AM
George Mann wrote:
> JBarrett > wrote in
> nk.net:
>

>>I'd like to buy a home theater in a box for a bedroom approx. 14 by 16
>>feet (the bedroom, that is) and pay
>>under $1000 preferably $500 to $600. Prefer small speakers. Will
>>probably use it for TV more than
>>music. This is an apt. bldg with thin walls and will not be playing it
>>loud. Current set up: Sony WEGA TV,
>>GoVideo DVD w progressive scan/VCR, Digital Cable.
>>Would appreciate any recommendations.
>>TIA
>>JBarrett
>>

> There are plenty of systems in your pricerange. If you live in the US, take
> a trip down to your local Circuit City.

He can do better than that. The Energy Take 5.2 system, for instance,
is right in his price range. Add a small A/V receiver and be at about $800.
Of the tiny sytems, these at least have a real tweeter and a driver
good enough to do midrange.

JBarrett
August 21st 03, 03:55 PM
I already own 2 Take 2's (not X.2). Could I pair them with the Take
2.2's (2 satellites) and the 1.2 (center
speaker)?
Have you heard of the Gallo micro speaker system, and, if so, do you
have an opinion on how they
compare with the Take 5.2's?
Thanks for your advice,
Joyce