PDA

View Full Version : Who makes (made) a gold colored tuner?

Cheap Hi Fi Fan
August 13th 03, 05:10 AM
I was thumbing through an old audio mag, and I saw an ad for an Onkyo receiver
that was colored gold. It looked awesome. Anyway, I need to get a tuner, and
I figure that I could get a tuner that is colored gold like that.

Does anyone have any ideas on who would make one? Onkyo does not seem to make
tuners anymore (although perhaps they made one in the past, and I'll make to
buy it used?) The quality is not super important, as I don't use a tuner that
often, and in any case, all the FM stations I like are not picked up that well
around my house. Certainly something of the level of an Onkyo would suffice.
On the flip side, I don't want to spend *too* much either!

Thanks

Robert Morein
August 13th 03, 05:17 AM
"Cheap Hi Fi Fan" > wrote in message
> I was thumbing through an old audio mag, and I saw an ad for an Onkyo
receiver
> that was colored gold. It looked awesome. Anyway, I need to get a tuner,
and
> I figure that I could get a tuner that is colored gold like that.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on who would make one? Onkyo does not seem to
make
> tuners anymore (although perhaps they made one in the past, and I'll make
> buy it used?) The quality is not super important, as I don't use a tuner
that
> often, and in any case, all the FM stations I like are not picked up that
well
> around my house. Certainly something of the level of an Onkyo would
suffice.
> On the flip side, I don't want to spend *too* much either!
>
> Thanks

The Marantz model ST-50 had a beautiful gold finish.
Not a DX tuner, but among the very best I've ever heard.

Margaret von Busenhalter
August 13th 03, 05:47 AM
"Cheap Hi Fi Fan" > wrote in message
> I was thumbing through an old audio mag, and I saw an ad for an Onkyo
receiver
> that was colored gold. It looked awesome. Anyway, I need to get a tuner,
and
> I figure that I could get a tuner that is colored gold like that.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on who would make one? Onkyo does not seem to
make
> tuners anymore (although perhaps they made one in the past, and I'll make
> buy it used?) The quality is not super important, as I don't use a tuner
that
> often, and in any case, all the FM stations I like are not picked up that
well
> around my house. Certainly something of the level of an Onkyo would
suffice.
> On the flip side, I don't want to spend *too* much either!
>
> Thanks

MD made one some time ago. You can get a Fanfare with just about any
faceplate.

Cheers,

MvB

BoB
August 13th 03, 06:46 PM
"Cheap Hi Fi Fan" > wrote in message
> I was thumbing through an old audio mag, and I saw an ad for an Onkyo
receiver
> that was colored gold. It looked awesome. Anyway, I need to get a tuner,
and
> I figure that I could get a tuner that is colored gold like that.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on who would make one? Onkyo does not seem to
make
> tuners anymore (although perhaps they made one in the past, and I'll make
> buy it used?) The quality is not super important, as I don't use a tuner
that
> often, and in any case, all the FM stations I like are not picked up that
well
> around my house. Certainly something of the level of an Onkyo would
suffice.
> On the flip side, I don't want to spend *too* much either!

Good choice, I think gold tuners are the best sounding.

http://www.marantz.co.kr/products/P_imeges/tuner_st17.jpg

http://www.techtronics.com/uk/images/yamaha/yamaha-dsp-a1-gold.jpg

http://www.audiovision-shop.de/Preise/Produktinfo/Sony/Tuner/Stsa3gold.gif

http://www.audiovision-shop.de/Preise/Produktinfo/Denon/Receiver/rcd100g.jpg

If you need cheap have you considered just gold spray paint on what you
currently have?

> Thanks

George Mann
August 17th 03, 03:54 PM