PDA

View Full Version : Tube surround

MiNE 109
August 11th 03, 06:38 PM
Thanks to the Stereophile site, I found this:

http://www.fosgateaudionics.com/products/FAP-V1.asp

I like how the mirror seems to double the number of tubes.

Stephen

George M. Middius
August 11th 03, 06:45 PM
MiNE 109 said:

> Thanks to the Stereophile site, I found this:
> http://www.fosgateaudionics.com/products/FAP-V1.asp
> I like how the mirror seems to double the number of tubes.

The bubinga wood does it for me.

Arny Krueger
August 11th 03, 06:47 PM
"MiNE 109" > wrote in message

> Thanks to the Stereophile site, I found this:
>
> http://www.fosgateaudionics.com/products/FAP-V1.asp

> I like how the mirror seems to double the number of tubes.

It's yet another bad joke on tube bigots. It's just obsolete bad old DPL,
and its SS DPL with a veneer of tubes wrapped around it.

Barnum would have approved.

Yawn.

MiNE 109
August 11th 03, 06:57 PM
In article >,
"Arny Krueger" > wrote:

> "MiNE 109" > wrote in message
>
> > Thanks to the Stereophile site, I found this:
> >
> > http://www.fosgateaudionics.com/products/FAP-V1.asp
>
> > I like how the mirror seems to double the number of tubes.
>
> It's yet another bad joke on tube bigots. It's just obsolete bad old DPL,
> and its SS DPL with a veneer of tubes wrapped around it.
>
> Barnum would have approved.
>
> Yawn.

With the limited production, one assumes utility isn't the primary
selling point.

For the best of both worlds, hook it up to ARC's Type-T multichannel
amp, also announced on Stereophile.

Stephen

Arny Krueger
August 11th 03, 07:37 PM
"dave weil" > wrote in message

> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:47:04 -0400, "Arny Krueger" >
> wrote:
>
>> "MiNE 109" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Thanks to the Stereophile site, I found this:
>>>
>>> http://www.fosgateaudionics.com/products/FAP-V1.asp
>>
>>> I like how the mirror seems to double the number of tubes.
>>
>> It's yet another bad joke on tube bigots. It's just obsolete bad old
>> DPL, and its SS DPL with a veneer of tubes wrapped around it.
>>
>> Barnum would have approved.
>>
>> Yawn.
>
> Amazing how you can be played like a violin, Arnold.

Seems like the expected programmed screetch from you showed up right on
schedule, Weil.

dave weil
August 11th 03, 07:46 PM
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:37:30 -0400, "Arny Krueger" >
wrote:

>"dave weil" > wrote in message

>> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:47:04 -0400, "Arny Krueger" >
>> wrote:

>>> It's yet another bad joke on tube bigots. It's just obsolete bad old
>>> DPL, and its SS DPL with a veneer of tubes wrapped around it.
>>>
>>> Barnum would have approved.
>>>
>>> Yawn.
>>
>> Amazing how you can be played like a violin, Arnold.
>
>Seems like the expected programmed screetch from you showed up right on
>schedule, Weil.

Just what I was thinking about yours (and the reason for the message
in the first place).

At least mine mentioned a musical instrument.

Marc Phillips
August 11th 03, 09:35 PM
Mr. Middius said:

>MiNE 109 said:
>
>> Thanks to the Stereophile site, I found this:
>> http://www.fosgateaudionics.com/products/FAP-V1.asp
>> I like how the mirror seems to double the number of tubes.
>
>The bubinga wood does it for me.

If you like that, you should check out the Teres Audio site, and look at some
of those turntable bases:

http://www.teresaudio.com/woods.html

I especially like the Goncalo-Alues.

Boon

George M. Middius
August 11th 03, 10:48 PM
Marc Phillips said:

> >The bubinga wood does it for me.
>
> If you like that, you should check out the Teres Audio site, and look at some
> of those turntable bases:
>
> http://www.teresaudio.com/woods.html

Kewl!

> I especially like the Goncalo-Alues.

I like the Monkeywood.

Bruce J. Richman
August 11th 03, 11:06 PM
Lived EHT (from a Quad?) wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:22:41 -0500, dave weil >
>wrote:
>
>>Amazing how you can be played like a violin, Arnold.
>
>Violins have only one note?
>
>--
>Thine

I'll buy off on that! LOTS!!!!!

I didn't know violins were always out of tune, either?

Bruce J. Richman

Marc Phillips
August 11th 03, 11:20 PM
Mr. Middius said:

>Marc Phillips said:
>
>> >The bubinga wood does it for me.
>>
>> If you like that, you should check out the Teres Audio site, and look at
>some
>> of those turntable bases:
>>
>> http://www.teresaudio.com/woods.html
>
>Kewl!
>
>> I especially like the Goncalo-Alues.
>
>I like the Monkeywood.

Me too, although it supposedly takes a back seat to the Cocabola in terms of
sound quality. Each wood is said to impart a slightly different sonic
signature on the 'table, which would undoubtedly cause Harold's head to
implode.

Boon

George M. Middius
August 12th 03, 09:43 AM
MiNE 109 said:

> With the limited production, one assumes utility isn't the primary
> selling point.

This just in: The Krooborg used to dress up his kids as vacuum
tubes on Halloween. He figured everybody would be frightened of the
tubes just as Krooger is.

No doubt the kids learned all about human nature by examining the
contents of the their trick-or-treat bags.

Arny Krueger
August 12th 03, 04:46 PM
"MiNE 109" > wrote in message

> In article >,
> "Arny Krueger" > wrote:
>
>> "MiNE 109" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Thanks to the Stereophile site, I found this:
>>>
>>> http://www.fosgateaudionics.com/products/FAP-V1.asp
>>
>>> I like how the mirror seems to double the number of tubes.
>>
>> It's yet another bad joke on tube bigots. It's just obsolete bad old
>> DPL, and its SS DPL with a veneer of tubes wrapped around it.
>>
>> Barnum would have approved.
>>
>> Yawn.
>
> With the limited production, one assumes utility isn't the primary
> selling point.

Said as nicely as I can, it's a boutique product. Yes, that will probably
ensure low production because a big market for something as retro-technology
doesn't likely exist.

> For the best of both worlds, hook it up to ARC's Type-T multichannel
> amp, also announced on Stereophile.

Best, worst, whatever. It's all gratuitous illusion for people with time and
money to burn.

MiNE 109
August 12th 03, 05:31 PM
In article >,
"Arny Krueger" > wrote:

> "MiNE 109" > wrote in message
>
> > In article >,

> >> It's yet another bad joke on tube bigots. It's just obsolete bad old
> >> DPL, and its SS DPL with a veneer of tubes wrapped around it.
> >>
> >> Barnum would have approved.
> >>
> >> Yawn.
> >
> > With the limited production, one assumes utility isn't the primary
> > selling point.
>
> Said as nicely as I can, it's a boutique product. Yes, that will probably
> ensure low production because a big market for something as retro-technology
> doesn't likely exist.

Fosgate is already ensuring low production. 500 units. Strictly for fun.

> > For the best of both worlds, hook it up to ARC's Type-T multichannel
> > amp, also announced on Stereophile.
>
> Best, worst, whatever. It's all gratuitous illusion for people with time and
> money to burn.

A $13k surround sound processor of any kind? Of course, so is any
attempt at reproduction.

Stephen