PDA

View Full Version : recommendations for "warm and vivid sound"

S. S.
August 5th 03, 04:55 PM
Hello, listers,

I am looking for the second-hand turntable, amp and speakers to play
my LPs. Almost all my collections are classical music. I do have
something like LSC-1806 Reiner/Zarathustra, but my main interest is in
instrument / chamber music, and I need warm, vivid sound. I am more
concerned with stretching treble than with softy bass. I am soliciting
your recommendations for the used equipments producing warm vivid
sound. I am thinking of an entry level hi-fi turntable. Any
suggestions? For the amp, I do not know whether the tube one is within
my budget, but if I go with a solid state, which make do you think can
produces relatively warm sound? For speakers, I have listened to
Tannoy before in the store, and feel its sound enjoyably warm. Any
other recommendations? Thanks in advance for your reply.

SS