PDA

View Full Version : Snell Type II E speakers?

Tatiana and Colin
August 3rd 03, 04:48 PM
Hello,

I'm being offered Snell Type II E speakers in trade for some artwork, and
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these. Their paper specs
look good, and Snell has a solid rep., but the Type II E was made 1984 to
1989 so they could be worn out (although the owner says they are in
excellent shape).

Any comments on "vintage" Snells?

Marc Phillips
August 3rd 03, 08:03 PM
Tatiana and Colin said:

>Hello,
>
>I'm being offered Snell Type II E speakers in trade for some artwork, and
>I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these. Their paper specs
>look good, and Snell has a solid rep., but the Type II E was made 1984 to
>1989 so they could be worn out (although the owner says they are in
>excellent shape).
>
>Any comments on "vintage" Snells?

I owned a pair of Snell Js from roughly the same time period (I bought them in
1983, I believe), and the foam surrounds did disintegrate about ten years
later. Make sure the surrounds have been restored and are in good shape.

It is a good speaker, though.

Boon