PDA

View Full Version : Re: Balance subwoofer output?

Arny Krueger
August 1st 03, 02:33 PM
"George Nikolovski" > wrote in message

> Hello,Does anyone have any good methods in balancing the low end of a
> stereo system?

Yes, have a good sharp crossover (24 dB/octave preferable) and a
well-trained ear. Be sure to first position the subwoofer for smoothest,
deepest response. One way to do this is to put the sub at your listening
location and then walk around the room listening for the best bass. Move the
sub to that position.

>I have a SPL meter and several Test DVD's but I really
> don't see how to use them.

I'm not sure they are the answer or even help.

>I have always used recorded material and my
> two ears until I think it sounds right.

Hold that thought!