PDA

View Full Version : Are you experienced ?

Lionel Chapuis
July 31st 03, 02:05 PM
No, so read this story...

In a previous post I requested Dr. Arny some elements, evidences who can
justify his "strong" audio opinions here on R.A.O.
In order to demonstrate us how is he involved in audio, music and more
generally in artistic expression he sent me the following link :

http://www.pcavtech.com/test_data/faith-bless-mix02-cd.wav

A wav file ? Good first impression !
So, I download and invite the "Arny Krueger's French fan club" members
at home to share with me what I had the presentiment would be a life
experience.
Only one 25 cl 5.7° beer in order to relax every body after a working
day, few discussion, and we go to the listening room.

According to Arny's precept the technical installation is minimum for a
maximum effects. Basically I have directly connected my son's Thomson
walkman CD player to my old Teppaz LP :
http://michel.burdin.online.fr/oscar.htm
Two generations to built an audio system is really a minimum.

The room is about 4 x 4 x 2.5 meters and the hybrid Thomson-Teppaz
system is put at the perfect center of the room.
The walls are Texaa covered and the floor is wood, a very special dark
Oak coming from an old familial tradition (pigs food purpose).
The team's members and myself are sitting directly on the floor around
the system.
The LP driver is put directly face against the floor which doesn't bring
any audio improvements but provide us delicious anal massage, enough
good to prevent haemorrhoids (according to my brother-in-law's opinion
who use to put a lot of paper in my sister's food).

Arny's audio wav has been burn "as it"

Lionel Chapuis
July 31st 03, 03:27 PM
Tu trembles carcasse ? Si tu savais ou je te mène tu tremblerais davantage !

Sorry I start again.

Are you experienced ! take 2 !

No, so read this story...

In a previous post I requested from Dr. Arny some elements, evidences
who can justify his "strong" audio opinions here on R.A.O.
In order to demonstrate us how is he involved in audio, music and more
generally in artistic expression he sent me the following link :

http://www.pcavtech.com/test_data/faith-bless-mix02-cd.wav

A wav file ? Good first impression !
So, I download and invite the "Arny Krueger's French fan club" members
at home to share with me what I had the presentiment would be a life
experience.
Only one 25 cl 5.7° beer in order to relax every body after a working
day, few discussion, and we go to the listening room.

According to Arny's precepts the technical installation is minimum for a
maximum effects. Basically I have directly connected my son's Thomson
walkman CD player to my old Teppaz LP :
http://michel.burdin.online.fr/oscar.htm
Two generations to built an audio system is really a minimum.

The room is about 4 x 4 x 2.5 meters and the hybrid Thomson-Teppaz
system is put at the perfect center of the room.
The walls are Texaa covered and the floor is wood, a very special dark
Oak coming from an old familial tradition (pigs food purpose).
The team's members and myself are sitting directly on the floor all
around the system.
The LP driver is put directly face-against-the-floor which doesn't bring
any audio improvements but provide us delicious anal massages, enough
good to prevent haemorrhoids (according to my brother-in-law's opinion
who use to put a lot of peper in my sister's food).

Arny's audio wav has been burn "as it" without any extra audio
manipulation via Nero burning rom 5.5.1042 with a Philips 4800 CDRW
(microcode version 1.5). According to Arny's
http://www.pcavtech.com/CD-R/index.htm
the media was TDK ref CDR burned at the x1 recommended speed.

Let me switch off some lights, push the play button and listen...

....Oh my god !
Arny have you been kidnapped ?
Do your water distribution company make the regular legal water analysis
? Is there a lot of constated consanguine birth cases in your county ?
Do you put some cotton in your hears ? Parsley ?
Don't you really prefer military songs ?

I remember, long time ago we have had such a crazy Jon "Speed King" Lord
in my county but he has been obliged to leave : he caused cows abortion.

Arny please, just a technical explanation to close an internal dispute :
What is the noise we can hear behind the organ ? My cousin, a plumber
said it could be a problem in the organ piping system but my neighbourg
an eminent doctor said it's the gastro-intestinal manifestation of a
chili con carne overdose.

Lionel Chapuis
July 31st 03, 06:24 PM
> No doubt the result of placing sensitive mics too close to the organ pipes.
> The pipes are about 22 feet above the floor. The current mic location is
> about 18 feet out from the pipes, and somewhat below them. Too close, too
> low. The mics pick up quite a bit of the usual air noises that most organs
> make.
>
> The current microphone locations aren't the ones I'd pick if I had my
> choice. It's not that easy to place the mics optimally due to the height of
> the pipes, etc.
>
> The room is supposed to be updated in the next few years. Hopefully issues
> like these will be addressed.

Arny !
This is unfairly quoted.
You are one of the great sound engineer, what ? Yes the great !
Nobody oblige you to be a magician...

Lionel Chapuis
July 31st 03, 09:56 PM
> No doubt the result of placing sensitive mics too close to the organ
> pipes. The pipes are about 22 feet above the floor. The current mic
> location is about 18 feet out from the pipes, and somewhat below them. Too
> close, too
> low. The mics pick up quite a bit of the usual air noises that most
> organs make.
>
> The current microphone locations aren't the ones I'd pick if I had my
> choice. It's not that easy to place the mics optimally due to the height
> of the pipes, etc.
>
> The room is supposed to be updated in the next few years. Hopefully issues
> like these will be addressed.

Some one suggest it could be a piano !