PDA

View Full Version : 8" driver for 1970's AR18?

Reinaldo Valenzuela
July 29th 03, 06:15 PM
I need to recone or replace one of the
8" woofers on my bookshelf AR18 speakers
from about 1970.
Can you recommend a shop for the recone job?
Would I be better off replacing the woofers?
The original driver may be out of production,
is there a replacement?
Reinaldo

Hans
July 29th 03, 07:27 PM
"Reinaldo Valenzuela" > skrev i en meddelelse
> I need to recone or replace one of the
> 8" woofers on my bookshelf AR18 speakers
> from about 1970.
> Can you recommend a shop for the recone job?
> Would I be better off replacing the woofers?
> The original driver may be out of production,
> is there a replacement?

AR might still be able to replace the units, or supply you with an updated
version of the woofers.

Write to:

/ Hans

Robert Morein
July 29th 03, 10:32 PM
"Reinaldo Valenzuela" > wrote in message
> I need to recone or replace one of the
> 8" woofers on my bookshelf AR18 speakers
> from about 1970.
> Can you recommend a shop for the recone job?
> Would I be better off replacing the woofers?
> The original driver may be out of production,
> is there a replacement?
> Reinaldo

An outfit which has done AR woofers for me, excellent work at a reasonable
price, is MillerSound.
They've done two 12" woofers for me, a couple MicroAcoustics 10", and some
other miscellany:

Millersound Labs,
1422 Taylor Road, Lansdale, PA 19446,
Phone 215-412 7700,