PDA

View Full Version : Cutting engineers

S888Wheel
July 27th 03, 06:41 PM
Does anyone know of any websites that has extensive information on the many
great record mastering engineers over the years. i know decca had a stable of
great ones that are only identified by an initial on the London/Decca records
and I know of only a few widely recognized people here in the U.S. i would love
to get mor info on the works of the talented and lesser known mastering
engineers and means of identifying their work in the dead wax.

Stephen McElroy
July 27th 03, 08:00 PM
In article >,
(S888Wheel) wrote:

> Does anyone know of any websites that has extensive information on the many
> great record mastering engineers over the years. i know decca had a stable of
> great ones that are only identified by an initial on the London/Decca records
> and I know of only a few widely recognized people here in the U.S. i would
> love
> to get mor info on the works of the talented and lesser known mastering
> engineers and means of identifying their work in the dead wax.

That's an interesting topic. I'd search rec.audio.pro for references.
Maybe Stereophile has some names buried in profiles of producers and
recording entrepeneurs. Mix Magazine, too.

Stephen

Stephen McElroy >