PDA

View Full Version : Cerwin Vega V-6F or Yamaha NS-7390 !!!!!! For ONKYO TX-SR500

Bb
July 27th 03, 07:08 AM
I'm lookin for main speaker for ONKYO TX-SR500.
Could anyone give me some advice for these 2 speakers please? Con and Pro.
I can get them on the same price. Thank you very much.
B.B.

Neil
July 27th 03, 06:06 PM
(Bb) wrote in message >...
> I'm lookin for main speaker for ONKYO TX-SR500.
> Could anyone give me some advice for these 2 speakers please? Con and Pro.
> I can get them on the same price.

Which is...?

> Thank you very much.
> B.B.

Buy the speaker that sounds best to you. That's the most important
thing. Work with local retailers and buy only what you can hear.

If you want to post again with your budget, you may get suggestions
for speakers that fit your budget.

If you want to read speaker reviews:

consumerreports.org

The following are all dot coms and have user reviews:

ecoustics

epinions

audiogon

audioreview

amazon

circuitcity

Bb
July 28th 03, 10:17 PM

(Neil) wrote in message >...
> (Bb) wrote in message >...
> > I'm lookin for main speaker for ONKYO TX-SR500.
> > Could anyone give me some advice for these 2 speakers please? Con and Pro.
> > I can get them on the same price.
>
> Which is...? Cerwin Vega V-6F or Yamaha NS-7390
>
> > Thank you very much.
> > B.B.
>
> Buy the speaker that sounds best to you. That's the most important
> thing. Work with local retailers and buy only what you can hear.
>
> If you want to post again with your budget, you may get suggestions
> for speakers that fit your budget.
>
> If you want to read speaker reviews:
>
> consumerreports.org
>
> The following are all dot coms and have user reviews:
>
> ecoustics
>
> epinions
>
> audiogon
>
> audioreview
>
> amazon
>
> circuitcity

Neil
July 29th 03, 03:19 PM
(Bb) wrote in message >...
> Cerwin Vega V-6F or Yamaha NS-7390

What's your budget? If you'll post that, you may get some more

Or are the CV and the Yamaha the only possibilities? If so, then
follow the advice below about looking for speaker reviews, but most
important of all, buy what sounds best to you.

If you don't want to do the above, then buy the cheaper speakers.

My guess is that the CV speakers might be better, but I haven't heard
either the CV or Yamaha speakers you mention.