PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question: Any good resources on audio production?

Timberwolf
July 24th 03, 05:23 AM
Hi everyone

I'm a newbie in the world of audio production.
I'm especially interested in digital audio and
sound engineering.

Can anyone recommend some good books or websites
about the topic?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Gary Hendricks
http://www.desktop-video-guide.com

Arny Krueger
July 24th 03, 12:09 PM
"Timberwolf" > wrote in message

> I'm a newbie in the world of audio production.
> I'm especially interested in digital audio and
> sound engineering.

> Can anyone recommend some good books or websites
> about the topic?

There are a ton of online resoruces. You might want to start with the
rec.audio.pro FAQ:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/AudioFAQ/pro-audio-faq/

Audio production newsgroups:

rec.audio.pro
alt.music.4-track
alt.audio.pro.live-sound

Also:

http://www.prorec.com/

http://www.audiocp.com/

http://harmony-central.com

etc., etc.

MiNe 109
July 24th 03, 02:27 PM
In article >,
George M. Middius > wrote:

> Timberwolf said:
>
> > I'm a newbie in the world of audio production.
> > I'm especially interested in digital audio and
> > sound engineering.
> >
> > Can anyone recommend some good books or websites
> > about the topic?
>
> I recommend you post your question on rec.audio.pro[duction], and
> ignore, now and forever, any post you see from Arnii "**** for
> Brains" Krooger.

Hasn't this guy has posted this same question before? Google shows
"Newbie questions" posted in all sorts of groups.

Stephen

Arny Krueger
July 24th 03, 03:02 PM
"MiNe 109" > wrote in message

> In article >,

>> Timberwolf said:
>>
>>> I'm a newbie in the world of audio production.
>>> I'm especially interested in digital audio and
>>> sound engineering.
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommend some good books or websites
>>> about the topic?

> Hasn't this guy has posted this same question before? Google shows
> "Newbie questions" posted in all sorts of groups.

Yup, March 28-April 5, etc. various groups.

Arny Krueger
July 24th 03, 03:25 PM
"George M. Middius" > wrote in message

> Timberwolf said:

>> I'm a newbie in the world of audio production.
>> I'm especially interested in digital audio and
>> sound engineering.

>> Can anyone recommend some good books or websites
>> about the topic?

> I recommend you post your question on rec.audio.pro[duction], and
> ignore, now and forever, any post you see from Arnii "**** for
> Brains" Krooger.

Oh George, you're just bitter because every time you poke your head up over
in rec.audio.pro, a bunch of people cut it off and hand it to you on a
plate.

Fact is George, the only ng you have any friends is rec.audio.opinion, and
your friends here are mostly perverted sockpuppets and anonymous blatherers.