PDA

View Full Version : Best Teac R2R deck

Rich Andrews
July 21st 03, 09:12 AM
Which Teac deck was the best one they made? There were some very impressive
decks made in the late 70's but are they worth having?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic."

Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - ), "Technology and the Future"

Arny Krueger
July 21st 03, 04:49 PM
"Rich Andrews" > wrote in message
.44
> "Arny Krueger" > wrote in
> :
>
>> "Rich Andrews" > wrote in message
>> .44
>>
>>> Which Teac deck was the best one they made? There were some very
>>> impressive decks made in the late 70's but are they worth having?

>> You'll find what looks like a nice summary of the better Teac R-R
>> decks at http://users.chariot.net.au/~debpeter/Teac.html .

>> Remember that Teac's true heavy duty audio products are sold under
>> the brand name of Tascam.

> Tascam stuff is a little more rugged than consumer stuff, but it is
> certainly not the "be all to end all" of equipment.

I agree.

> I worked with
> and on Tascam stuff for a number of years. I ws unimpressed. I
> certainly would not place it in the same class as Sony Broadcast.

I wouldn't put the Tascam R-R stuff in the same category as Otari or Studer,
either. But if you are smart or lucky you sometimes get what you pay for and
pay for what you get.