PDA

View Full Version : Hallograph soundfield optimizers

Wayne Van Kirk
July 21st 03, 04:12 AM
I am thinking that this product is a joke (but maybe not!):

http://www.shakti-innovations.com./hallograph.htm

If these actually sell then someone must be laughing all the way to the
bank.
I guess if you didn't like the acoustic effect (?) they could be mounted
sideways and used
as a ($1,000) towel rack.

WVK

Arny Krueger
July 21st 03, 03:26 PM
"Wayne Van Kirk" > wrote in message

> I am thinking that this product is a joke (but maybe not!):

> http://www.shakti-innovations.com./hallograph.htm

It's a joke to people who are well-informed about acoustics.

> If these actually sell then someone must be laughing all the way to
> the bank.

Anybody screwed up enough mentally to come up with a product like this might
just blow the cost-of-goods-sold side of the equation and end up losing
money.

> I guess if you didn't like the acoustic effect (?) they could be
> mounted sideways and used
> as a ($1,000) towel rack.

LOL!

Look at the pictures and names related to the recording and mastering
engineer testimonials.

Sockpuppet Wheel is probably still mystified why I laugh in his face when he
starts dropping names of people like these.

;-)

S888Wheel
July 21st 03, 04:52 PM

>Sockpuppet Wheel is probably still mystified why I laugh in his face when he
>starts dropping names of people like these.

I am mystified that you found one person whose work I admire endorsing an
acoustical room treatment that you obviously have not tested yourself and you
are attacking me because of it. But then this isn't the first time you have
attacked a product you haven't tested and it isn't the first time you have
attacked successful industry pros in this manner. When you can show
usscientifically acceptable, bias controled test results that conclusively
prove these room treatments don't make a difference then you can talk the talk.
Right now you are just making unfounded personal attacks against people who,
unlike you, have actually tried the product. You seem more and more "despirate"
for some sort of victory in a debate with me after so many beatings.

Arny Krueger
July 21st 03, 05:05 PM
"S888Wheel" > wrote in message

>> Sockpuppet Wheel is probably still mystified why I laugh in his face
>> when he starts dropping names of people like these.

> I am mystified that you found one person whose work I admire
> endorsing an acoustical room treatment that you obviously have not
> tested yourself and you are attacking me because of it.

Thanks for fessing up.

The problem isn't that I didn't test this little piece of snake oil
sockpuppet Wheel, its your inability to see that it should be dismissed out
of hand.

> But then this
> isn't the first time you have attacked a product you haven't tested
> and it isn't the first time you have attacked successful industry
> pros in this manner.

Requiring that every piece of obvious snake oil be tested at my personal
expense before I say anything about it is obviously totally unfair.

> When you can show usscientifically acceptable,
> bias controled test results that conclusively prove these room
> treatments don't make a difference then you can talk the talk.

When the people who hype this product us scientifically acceptable,
bias controlled test results that conclusively prove these room
treatments make a difference then you can talk.

Turnabout is fair play, right?

>Right now you are just making unfounded personal attacks against people
> who, unlike you, have actually tried the product.

The problem isn't that I didn't test this little piece of snake oil
sockpuppet Wheel, its your inability to see that it should be dismissed out
of hand.

> You seem more and more "despirate" for some sort of victory in a debate
with me after
> so many beatings.

Why would I be desperate, given how many times I proven you to be wrong,
sockpuppet Wheel?

Goofball_star_dot_etal
July 21st 03, 08:46 PM
On 21 Jul 2003 15:52:02 GMT, (S888Wheel) wrote:

>>Sockpuppet Wheel is probably still mystified why I laugh in his face when he
>>starts dropping names of people like these.
>>

>I am mystified that you found one person whose work I admire endorsing an
>acoustical room treatment that you obviously have not tested yourself and you
>are attacking me because of it. But then this isn't the first time you have
>attacked a product you haven't tested and it isn't the first time you have
>attacked successful industry pros in this manner. When you can show
>usscientifically acceptable, bias controled test results that conclusively
>prove these room treatments don't make a difference then you can talk the talk.
>Right now you are just making unfounded personal attacks against people who,
>unlike you, have actually tried the product. You seem more and more "despirate"
>for some sort of victory in a debate with me after so many beatings.

Heck, those people don't know the difference between a millihertz and
a googlehertz. I would rather put my faith in a wet dog for absorbing
those pesky microwaves and a bunch of bananas for controlling
diffusion, any day, note.

You guys could not identify a load of old ******** if you sat on them.

Just say NO to goofy audio.

Wayne Van Kirk
July 22nd 03, 04:45 PM
S888Wheel wrote:

> If that makes you happy. I am mystified by much of your irrational behavior.
>
> Arny said
>

> >The problem isn't that I didn't test this little piece of snake oil
> >sockpuppet Wheel,
>
> Thanks for fessing up that you are attacking acoustic room treatment without
> testing it. How very scientific of you.

Do you think those things actually work?

wvk

George M. Middius
July 22nd 03, 05:08 PM
Wayne Van Kirk said:

> > Thanks for fessing up that you are attacking acoustic room treatment without
> > testing it. How very scientific of you.

> Do you think those things actually work?

They channel the unwanted frequencies to Mars.

Wayne Van Kirk
July 22nd 03, 05:50 PM
"George M. Middius" wrote:

> Wayne Van Kirk said:
>
> > > Thanks for fessing up that you are attacking acoustic room treatment without
> > > testing it. How very scientific of you.
>
> > Do you think those things actually work?
>
> They channel the unwanted frequencies to Mars.

I guess that makes sense now that Mars is so close. Perhaps the Martians
will enjoy those "unwanted frequencies"?

George M. Middius
July 22nd 03, 06:09 PM
Wayne Van Kirk said:

> > > I guess that makes sense now that Mars is so close. Perhaps the Martians
> > > will enjoy those "unwanted frequencies"?
> >
> > What Martians?
>
> Duh!, the little green men on Mars

They're not green, you know. They just wear a lot of salad
dressing.

George M. Middius
July 22nd 03, 11:14 PM
Paul Dormer said:

> >> Duh!, the little green men on Mars
> >
> >They're not green, you know. They just wear a lot of salad
> >dressing.
>
> Reptilian Chili sauce, actually.
> http://sldprints.com/et_&_ufo_gifts.htm

So Mr. "DOrmer" are you admitting you are the source of the
so-called "sacue" we know you don't make? Its like I'd have to
proove you're a liar again, not much of a problem for, a genius
like me. Its obvious you want my mindshare, LOt"S! LOL! ;-)

S888Wheel
July 23rd 03, 01:45 AM

>Do you think those things actually work?
>
>wvk

I don't know. I haven't tried them. I think diffusion works in general. each
room/speaker system has it's own specific problems and it's on solutions.