PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Audition - Cool Edit Pro / Cool Edit 2000

Randy Given
July 17th 03, 03:01 PM
Anyone going to switch to Adobe Audition from Cool Edit Pro / Cool
Edit 2000? The Adobe site is not filling in the details (yet), but I
wonder if it will be the same features as Cool Edit Pro.

Arny Krueger
July 17th 03, 04:14 PM
"Randy Given" > wrote in message
om

> Anyone going to switch to Adobe Audition from Cool Edit Pro / Cool
> Edit 2000? The Adobe site is not filling in the details (yet), but I
> wonder if it will be the same features as Cool Edit Pro.

This was covered in rec.audio.pro in a thread titled "Cool Edit is dead,
long live Adobe Audition". The exact date is there. I think that the free
upgrade for existing CEP 2.x owners offer starts in August.

Since it's going to cost me nothing to upgrade, and I get to pick the one I
like after I see Audition, I'm sure I'll do it.

I'm hoping that the CD Burning feature will finally be ready for prime time
and a few glitches like the first track in multitrack coming up in stereo
even when the .ses file says mono, are fixed.