PDA

View Full Version : Re: Wiring/Connecting Genelec 1029A and 1091A

Mark P.
July 14th 03, 01:12 AM
On 13 Jul 2003 15:33:56 -0700, (The Ranger)
touched these keys:

>I just bought used Genelec 1020A speakers and 1091A sub...without any
>documentation and wires. I am trying to hook these up to Sony ES333
>receiver. But I am little confused.
>
>I found a diagram that shows 1091A sub. hooks up to both of the
>speakers. And XLR cable from each of the speaker goes to the
>receiver.
>
>Sony ES333 has RCA connection as shown below. L and R RCA plugs for
>front and Rear.
>
>FRONT REAR
>---- ----
>|()| L |()| L
>|()| R |()| R
>---- ----
>
>Can someone help me with exactly what kind of and how many wires I
>need to buy to get this working?
>
>Thanks in advance.

You're gonna need a -10db to +4 db impedence matcher. Consumer gear
is -10 db and pro gear like the Genelecs are -4 db. Pro gear would
blast consumer stuff and consumer gear would just whisper to pro gear.
You will need something like an Aphex 10/4 interface Model 124A. It's
a two channel box so you will need several of them. Tascam or Mackie
may make cheaper versions of them. I paid $275 for my Aphex 5 years
ago.
Good luck.

Mark P.

rockville md na terra solsys orion arm....

Robert Rowton
July 14th 03, 01:19 AM
wrote:

>I just bought used Genelec 1020A speakers and 1091A sub...without any
>documentation and wires. I am trying to hook these up to Sony ES333
>receiver. But I am little confused.
>
>I found a diagram that shows 1091A sub. hooks up to both of the
>speakers. And XLR cable from each of the speaker goes to the
>receiver.
>
>Sony ES333 has RCA connection as shown below. L and R RCA plugs for
>front and Rear.
>
>FRONT REAR
>---- ----
>---- ----
>
>Can someone help me with exactly what kind of and how many wires I
>need to buy to get this working?
>
>Thanks in advance.
Hello,
Here's a link to the 1029A's Operating Manual:

http://www.genelec.com/pdf/OM1029a.pdf