PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Circuits for Home Theater?

BAN
July 12th 03, 02:52 PM
I am finishing my basement and am currently planning the electrical.

Should I have 3 separate 20 amp circuits for my RPTV, components, and
sub or should they all be on the same circuit?

[Note that I do plan to put these circuits on the opposite leg from my
lighting (on dimmers)]

Thanks

Arny Krueger
July 13th 03, 12:51 PM
"BAN" > wrote in message
m...

> I am finishing my basement and am currently planning the electrical.

> Should I have 3 separate 20 amp circuits for my RPTV, components, and
> sub or should they all be on the same circuit?

That would depend on your anticipated current drains. Without knowing he
scale of your proposed setup, that is difficult. Typically, a 20 amp
circuit could handle the whole enchilada, but if you were building a really
heroic setup, it might not.

OTOH, electrical work is relatively cheap and easy for new construction, and
far more difficult and expensive to retrofit.

> [Note that I do plan to put these circuits on the opposite leg from my
> lighting (on dimmers)]

Good idea.