PDA

View Full Version : SX-82 problem

eman
August 7th 03, 10:02 PM
Hi
I just completed retubing my pioneer SX-82. It still has a distortion on
the left channel an no left output when on tuner.A person told me that it
sounds like bad caps an I should replace them. Not being anywhere near a
expert in this field ,I was wondering if this would be correct path I should
follow up on.

Eugene L

rod keys
August 8th 03, 01:41 AM
Probably not caps .. at least not all of 'em.

Did it have the problem before re-tubing? Assuming the answer's yes:

If you're a novice first get someone to show you how to avoid shocking
your shorts off when you go inside .. these things can sometimes still
bight you even when they're unplugged. (Jump B+ to ground to be sure
the beast's caps are discharged).

Before major surgery try cleaning the selector switch and other
controls. You can usually find a spray cleaner for this then rapidly
turn the control knob back and forth.

Rod