PDA

View Full Version : Re: Register your opinions (App0721)

Lord Valve
July 28th 03, 09:16 AM
This is some serious queer **** - probably from NAMBLA.
Give it a miss.
LV

JayJay wrote:

> We are trying to determine the personal positions of individuals
> on some highly contentious issues. To give us your anonymous
> judgments, please go to:
>
> http://www.psychrsrch.net/entry.html
>
> All responses will remain confidential and anonymous.

Ross Matheson
July 28th 03, 09:40 AM
Lord Valve > posted, and yet advised:

: This is some serious queer **** - probably from NAMBLA.
: Give it a miss.
: LV

You don't mean a Miss.?

: JayJay wrote:
:
: > We are trying to determine the personal positions of individuals
: > on some highly contentious issues. To give us your anonymous
: > judgments, please go to:
: >
: > http://www.psychrsrch.net/entry.html
: >
: > All responses will remain confidential and anonymous.

Poll:=)
Are tubes male or female? [Hint: sockets may be considered female]
Describe the relationship of your driver stage to your output stage:
Input stage? Overall amplifier response? Sample responses below:
==
level of consent:

Passive: Offering no opposition or resistance, submissive, yielding.
Acquiescent: Acceptance without protest, but also without enthusiasm.
Meaningful: Agreement that is significant and purposeful.
Rational: Agreement using reasonable and age appropriate sound judgment.
Comprehensive: Agreement after considering all available and pertinent
information.

nature of consent:

Forced: Given no option or possibility of refusing.
Pressured: Prompted by insistent persuasion.
Obligated: Motivated by sense of need or duty.
Cooperative: Uninhibited, cheerful, and ready to comply.
Voluntary: Self initiated, little or no external influence.
==
Etc.
I haven't followed this "scientific survey" any further than this ...
What relevance to rec.audio.tubes? How 'bout an "OT:", LV:=}?)
RdM

"Do adults enjoy adultery as much as infants enjoy infancy?"
Dave Plowman's everchanging sig on uk.r.a

Lord Valve
July 28th 03, 10:30 AM
Ross Matheson wrote:

> Lord Valve > posted, and yet advised:
>
> : This is some serious queer **** - probably from NAMBLA.
> : Give it a miss.
> : LV
>
> You don't mean a Miss.?
>
> : JayJay wrote:
> :
> : > We are trying to determine the personal positions of individuals
> : > on some highly contentious issues. To give us your anonymous
> : > judgments, please go to:
> : >
> : > http://www.psychrsrch.net/entry.html
> : >
> : > All responses will remain confidential and anonymous.
>
> Poll:=)
> Are tubes male or female? [Hint: sockets may be considered female]
> Describe the relationship of your driver stage to your output stage:
> Input stage? Overall amplifier response? Sample responses below:
> ==
> level of consent:
>
> Passive: Offering no opposition or resistance, submissive, yielding.
> Acquiescent: Acceptance without protest, but also without enthusiasm.
> Meaningful: Agreement that is significant and purposeful.
> Rational: Agreement using reasonable and age appropriate sound judgment.
> Comprehensive: Agreement after considering all available and pertinent
> information.
>
> nature of consent:
>
> Forced: Given no option or possibility of refusing.
> Pressured: Prompted by insistent persuasion.
> Obligated: Motivated by sense of need or duty.
> Cooperative: Uninhibited, cheerful, and ready to comply.
> Voluntary: Self initiated, little or no external influence.
> ==
> Etc.
> I haven't followed this "scientific survey" any further than this ...
> What relevance to rec.audio.tubes? How 'bout an "OT:", LV:=}?)
> RdM

Hey, I didn't post it, I replied to it. It's obviously from someweirdos with a
pro child-molesting agenda. Ick, not funny.
LV

Ross Matheson
July 28th 03, 10:35 AM
Lord Valve > wrote:
in >,

: Hey, I didn't post it, I replied to it. It's obviously from someweirdos with a
: pro child-molesting agenda. Ick, not funny.
: LV

Okeh, I never saw an original here. Assumed you'd added the response.
Ta for the other reply. RM

Fred Nachbaur
July 28th 03, 05:37 PM
I heartily agree, stuff like this is highly distateful.

OTOH, if people who find this "seriously queer" refrain from answering
the survey, it skews the results in favour of NAMBLA and others of their
ilk.

What to do? Since it purports to be scientific research when it
obviously isn't, I followed LV's lead and gave it a miss.

Cheers,
Fred

Lord Valve wrote:
> This is some serious queer **** - probably from NAMBLA.
> Give it a miss.
> LV
>

> JayJay wrote:
>

>>We are trying to determine the personal positions of individuals
>>on some highly contentious issues. To give us your anonymous
>>judgments, please go to:
>>
>>http://www.psychrsrch.net/entry.html
>>
>>All responses will remain confidential and anonymous.

| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects, Vacuum Tubes & other stuff: |
| http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk |