PDA

View Full Version : shunt resistor

July 27th 03, 06:44 AM
Please help an aspiring newbie..
I have recently built an AES AE-3 pre amp to go with
my AES Super amp Sig. I am by no means a technician but
seven years of soldering in manufacturing gave me the guts
to try. It worked first try!! Well any ways on to my question
I have seen a few references to adding a shunt resistor to
the volume pot (alps 100k). Is this a good idea and does it offer much
to the sound of my system? In lay mans terms what is needed
for this and were in the circuit does it go. Also what book for
noooobies would you all recommend. Thanks in advance
John