PDA

View Full Version : FS/T: PEAVEY Classic VT (Model "212") Amp

Tatalits
July 20th 03, 10:53 PM
For sale:

Peavey Classic VT Series guitar amplifier (Model 212)- 6L6 output tubes, black
tolex (3/4" hole in front), has two Celestion G12L-35 speakers (12")

Price: $450.OBO (prefer local pickup in the Los Angles area; will trade for
smaller tube combo)

Catalina Thunders
July 21st 03, 05:34 AM
Tatalits wrote:
> For sale:
>
> Peavey Classic VT Series guitar amplifier (Model 212)- 6L6 output tubes, black
> tolex (3/4" hole in front), has two Celestion G12L-35 speakers (12")
>
> Price: $450.OBO (prefer local pickup in the Los Angles area; will trade for
> smaller tube combo)

Um... that's a hybrid amp (tube power section, ss
pre-amp). Really heavy particle board
construction, not very desirable.I think it's
worth about $200 if in *fabulous* condition.

Shiva
July 21st 03, 02:37 PM
"Catalina Thunders" > wrote in
message ...
> Tatalits wrote:
> > For sale:
> >
> > Peavey Classic VT Series guitar amplifier (Model 212)- 6L6 output tubes,
black
> > tolex (3/4" hole in front), has two Celestion G12L-35 speakers (12")
> >
> > Price: $450.OBO (prefer local pickup in the Los Angles area; will trade
for
> > smaller tube combo)
>

> Um... that's a hybrid amp (tube power section, ss
> pre-amp). Really heavy particle board
> construction, not very desirable.I think it's
> worth about $200 if in *fabulous* condition.

I dunno - I think the Celest. pair is worth a few bux to me...

Catalina Thunders
July 24th 03, 10:24 PM
Shiva wrote:
> "Catalina Thunders" > wrote in
> message ...
>
>>Tatalits wrote:
>>
>>>For sale:
>>>
>>>Peavey Classic VT Series guitar amplifier (Model 212)- 6L6 output tubes,
>
> black
>
>>>tolex (3/4" hole in front), has two Celestion G12L-35 speakers (12")
>>>
>>>Price: $450.OBO (prefer local pickup in the Los Angles area; will trade
>
> for
>
>>>smaller tube combo)
>>

>>Um... that's a hybrid amp (tube power section, ss
>>pre-amp). Really heavy particle board
>>construction, not very desirable.I think it's
>>worth about $200 if in *fabulous* condition.
>

> I dunno - I think the Celest. pair is worth a few bux to me...

Good point! I hadn't thought of that, but if the
amp works well & those spkrs are in good shape it
IS worth more than a standard issue Classic VT.

Btw, sorry if my post souded grumpy or critical or
whatever...my actual purpose was to inform the
seller about the nature of that amp (not that it's
any of my business or even a bad amp). I guess I'm
a bit jaded & sometimes impatient -- I've seen so
many amps for sale where people get all hyped
'cause "it's "TOOBS, man". Not all "tube amps" are
created equal of course.

:)

Cheers,
Cat