PDA

View Full Version : FISHER CONSOLE STEREO

Louis Lassoff
July 12th 03, 06:08 AM
I picked up an old Fisher console in really nice condition, unfortunately,
it doesn't power up. It has all the original tubes in it (Mullards and
Tele's with most of them stamped "THE FISHER" on it). Could anyone suggest
where I could get these tubes tested. I'm in Philadelphia. Thank you very
much for looking.
Louis

Mikkel C. Simonsen
July 12th 03, 01:14 PM
Louis Lassoff wrote:

> I picked up an old Fisher console in really nice condition, unfortunately,
> it doesn't power up. It has all the original tubes in it (Mullards and
> Tele's with most of them stamped "THE FISHER" on it). Could anyone suggest
> where I could get these tubes tested.

What makes you think the tubes are at fault? If the console hasn't been
used for some years, the electrolytic capacitors are a more likely
candidate.

Start by testing the caps and power transformer. Then when you get some
life, you can test tubes in the amp section by swapping then between
channels.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Shiva
July 12th 03, 02:38 PM
"Louis Lassoff" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> I picked up an old Fisher console in really nice condition, unfortunately,
> it doesn't power up. It has all the original tubes in it (Mullards and
> Tele's with most of them stamped "THE FISHER" on it). Could anyone
suggest
> where I could get these tubes tested. I'm in Philadelphia. Thank you
very
> much for looking.
> Louis

Hi Louis - it's most likely not the tubes.

Robert Casey
July 13th 03, 02:05 AM
Shiva wrote:

>"Louis Lassoff" > wrote in message
thlink.net...

>>I picked up an old Fisher console in really nice condition, unfortunately,
>>it doesn't power up. It has all the original tubes in it (Mullards and
>>Tele's with most of them stamped "THE FISHER" on it). Could anyone
>>

>suggest
>

>>where I could get these tubes tested. I'm in Philadelphia. Thank you
>>

>very
>

>>much for looking.
>>Louis
>>

>Hi Louis - it's most likely not the tubes.

True, if you find a blown power supply fuse, that would likely mean that
the power supply electroltic filter caps are bad, and or the coupling caps
in the audio amp stages are bad (causing the tubes to draw too much
current). In any event, all these caps should be replaced, just like one
replaces parts in an overhaul of a car.

bone43
July 12th 05, 12:44 AM
Just rip out the amp and send it to me i will fix it email for adress.

bone43

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 05:08:52 GMT, "Louis Lassoff"