PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Speaker Suggestions?

Kathy
March 30th 04, 01:06 AM
I'm looking for a pair of great sounding bookshelf speakers no bigger
than 20x12x12 to sit on the rear deck of my Honda Insight hatchback.
My budget will allow me to spend up to $200 on a used pair. The idea
is to be able to remove the speakers from time to time when I need
more cargo room. Also, it's nice to be able to set the speakers on top
the car on a nice summer day. I'd like decent bass response if
possible. Please shoot me some model numbers to look for. TIA, Doug
Jackson

Scott Johnson
March 30th 04, 01:42 AM
use something like these:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=267-073

"Kathy" > wrote in message
om...
> I'm looking for a pair of great sounding bookshelf speakers no bigger
> than 20x12x12 to sit on the rear deck of my Honda Insight hatchback.
> My budget will allow me to spend up to $200 on a used pair. The idea
> is to be able to remove the speakers from time to time when I need
> more cargo room. Also, it's nice to be able to set the speakers on top
> the car on a nice summer day. I'd like decent bass response if
> possible. Please shoot me some model numbers to look for. TIA, Doug
> Jackson

MZ
March 30th 04, 02:00 AM
Have you ever heard those? They sound like complete ass. I'd take the
stock speaker system over those any day. No exaggeration.

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"Scott Johnson" > wrote in
message ...
> use something like these:
>
> http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=267-073
>

> "Kathy" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I'm looking for a pair of great sounding bookshelf speakers no bigger
> > than 20x12x12 to sit on the rear deck of my Honda Insight hatchback.
> > My budget will allow me to spend up to $200 on a used pair. The idea
> > is to be able to remove the speakers from time to time when I need
> > more cargo room. Also, it's nice to be able to set the speakers on top
> > the car on a nice summer day. I'd like decent bass response if
> > possible. Please shoot me some model numbers to look for. TIA, Doug
> > Jackson

Scott Johnson
March 30th 04, 02:09 AM
but, he's only wanting to spend under $200.

"MZ" > wrote in message
> Have you ever heard those? They sound like complete ass. I'd take the
> stock speaker system over those any day. No exaggeration.
>
> --
> Mark
> remove "remove" and "spam" to reply
>
> "Scott Johnson" > wrote in
> message ...
> > use something like these:
> >
> > http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=267-073
> >

> > "Kathy" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > I'm looking for a pair of great sounding bookshelf speakers no bigger
> > > than 20x12x12 to sit on the rear deck of my Honda Insight hatchback.
> > > My budget will allow me to spend up to $200 on a used pair. The idea
> > > is to be able to remove the speakers from time to time when I need
> > > more cargo room. Also, it's nice to be able to set the speakers on top
> > > the car on a nice summer day. I'd like decent bass response if
> > > possible. Please shoot me some model numbers to look for. TIA, Doug
> > > Jackson

MZ
March 30th 04, 02:14 AM
If he wants bookshelf speakers (asking to be stolen, by the way), he can
just run down to his local Circuit City and grab the cheapest set they have.
They'd still sound better than those full range truck boxes.

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"Scott Johnson" > wrote in
message ...
> but, he's only wanting to spend under $200.
>

> "MZ" > wrote in message
> > Have you ever heard those? They sound like complete ass. I'd take the
> > stock speaker system over those any day. No exaggeration.
> >
> > --
> > Mark
> > remove "remove" and "spam" to reply
> >
> > "Scott Johnson" > wrote in
> > message ...
> > > use something like these:
> > >
> > > http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=267-073
> > >

> > > "Kathy" > wrote in message
> > > om...

ce
March 30th 04, 03:31 AM
go to audiogon.com and have a look for bookshelf speakers. Go for a pair of
Paradigm Atom's any version or even post the same question there on their
forums.

"MZ" > wrote in message
> If he wants bookshelf speakers (asking to be stolen, by the way), he can
> just run down to his local Circuit City and grab the cheapest set they
have.
> They'd still sound better than those full range truck boxes.
>
> --
> Mark
> remove "remove" and "spam" to reply
>

> "Scott Johnson" > wrote in
> message ...
> > but, he's only wanting to spend under $200.
> >

> > "MZ" > wrote in message
> > > Have you ever heard those? They sound like complete ass. I'd take
the
> > > stock speaker system over those any day. No exaggeration.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mark
> > > remove "remove" and "spam" to reply
> > >
> > > "Scott Johnson" > wrote in
> > > message ...

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=267-073

> bigger
> top
Doug

Tony Fernandes
March 30th 04, 01:16 PM
And BTW, Doug...whatever you do make sure you securely attach them so they
don't fly into the back of your head if you slam on the brakes or get into
an accident.

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that

"Kathy" > wrote in message
om...
> I'm looking for a pair of great sounding bookshelf speakers no bigger
> than 20x12x12 to sit on the rear deck of my Honda Insight hatchback.
> My budget will allow me to spend up to $200 on a used pair. The idea
> is to be able to remove the speakers from time to time when I need
> more cargo room. Also, it's nice to be able to set the speakers on top
> the car on a nice summer day. I'd like decent bass response if
> possible. Please shoot me some model numbers to look for. TIA, Doug
> Jackson

Peter Klein
April 9th 04, 10:24 PM
In the car stereo world there are not too many speakers which come in a box
enclosure. You could find a pair of small speaker systems from home stereo
(8 ohms) and power them as a pair at four ohms from any decent car stereo
amplifier. P.

"Kathy" > wrote in message
om...
> I'm looking for a pair of great sounding bookshelf speakers no bigger
> than 20x12x12 to sit on the rear deck of my Honda Insight hatchback.
> My budget will allow me to spend up to $200 on a used pair. The idea
> is to be able to remove the speakers from time to time when I need
> more cargo room. Also, it's nice to be able to set the speakers on top
> the car on a nice summer day. I'd like decent bass response if
> possible. Please shoot me some model numbers to look for. TIA, Doug
> Jackson

winkenstein
April 10th 04, 02:29 PM
You could buy a very decent pair of 6*9's (Eclipse, MB Quart, and JL
Audio) Being my favorite and place them in a 6*9 box and this would be
an excellent alternative to what your trying to achieve!!!