PDA

View Full Version : <$250 bookshelf speakers

Jason Casden
September 30th 03, 08:31 PM
Hi, I'm shopping around for speakers, and I hope I could get some
advice from this board. I'm trying to spend less than $250 for a pair
of bookshelf speakers in my bedroom. I listened (as well as I could,
considering the circumstances) to a pair of Athena AS-B1's at Best
Buy--they sounded fantastic, but the bass was really not low enough
for me. Some speakers that have been suggested to me that I haven't
heard are the CSW Model Six and the Paradigm Atom. I'd be grateful to
hear what anyone might be able to suggest.

Thanks!
Jason

Todd H.
September 30th 03, 09:01 PM
(Jason Casden) writes:

> Hi, I'm shopping around for speakers, and I hope I could get some
> advice from this board. I'm trying to spend less than $250 for a pair
> of bookshelf speakers in my bedroom. I listened (as well as I could,
> considering the circumstances) to a pair of Athena AS-B1's at Best
> Buy--they sounded fantastic, but the bass was really not low enough
> for me.

Just so you're aware...physics conspires mightily against your quest
for a sub-$250 pair of bookshelf speakers with good bass.

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/

September 30th 03, 11:59 PM
In article >,
(Jason Casden) wrote:

> Hi, I'm shopping around for speakers, and I hope I could get some
> advice from this board. I'm trying to spend less than $250 for a pair
> of bookshelf speakers in my bedroom. I listened (as well as I could,
> considering the circumstances) to a pair of Athena AS-B1's at Best
> Buy--they sounded fantastic, but the bass was really not low enough
> for me. Some speakers that have been suggested to me that I haven't
> heard are the CSW Model Six and the Paradigm Atom. I'd be grateful to
> hear what anyone might be able to suggest.
>
> Thanks!
> Jason

I agree with the Paradigm Atoms. Lots of bang for your buck.

HTH,

Scott