PDA

View Full Version : question about technical stuff

Sumedh
September 6th 03, 10:07 PM
Hi all,

Im planning to buy PC speakers, and cant decide which ones to buy.
Im thinking about Creative I-trigue 3500, Klipsch GMX 2.1, or Altec
Lansing 621.

One question i had was about the dB output. Is that an indication of
output power? Will that just allow me to play the speakers louder? Or
is a high dB output indicate clearer and better sound?

ALso, which speakers have do you guys recommend?

Thanks!

stan-boy

CJT
September 7th 03, 02:12 AM
Sumedh wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Im planning to buy PC speakers, and cant decide which ones to buy.
> Im thinking about Creative I-trigue 3500, Klipsch GMX 2.1, or Altec
> Lansing 621.
>
> One question i had was about the dB output. Is that an indication of
> output power? Will that just allow me to play the speakers louder? Or
> is a high dB output indicate clearer and better sound?
>
> ALso, which speakers have do you guys recommend?
>
> Thanks!
>
> stan-boy

While I'm unclear what you mean by "dB output," I suspect you're looking
at sensitivity numbers. They are an indication of how much sound comes
out for a particular amount of power in. They have little to do with
accuracy or the peak SPL that can be achieved.