PDA

View Full Version : Amplifier power?

Me
August 19th 03, 04:11 AM
Shoud I be leaving my Carver amplifier switched on all the time or swithc it
off when not in use?

Thanks

Robert Rowton
August 19th 03, 10:41 PM
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:11:48 -0400, "Me" > wrote:

>Shoud I be leaving my Carver amplifier switched on all the time or swithc it
>off when not in use?
>
>Thanks

Hello,
My recommendation would be to turn the amplifier off when not in use.
The claimed benefits of leaving an amplifier on continuously have not
been conclusively proven, particularly in the case of solid state
amplifiers. And you'll save both electricity and money.

Trevor Wilson
August 20th 03, 03:52 AM
"Me" > wrote in message
> Shoud I be leaving my Carver amplifier switched on all the time or swithc
it
> off when not in use?

**Switch it off, when you don't need it. There are several good reasons for
this:

1) Warm up time for that amp is around 10 seconds.
2) Keeping it switched on will keep electrolytic caps warm. This will
accelerate wear.
3) Keeping it switched on will expose the amp to any power line surges.
4) You will assist in keeping greenhouse gases down a little.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au