PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting cassette tape transport mechanism

jbclem
August 17th 03, 05:39 PM
I'm looking for a source of information, repair manuals, etc... to try to
figure out a problem with the cassette mechanism in my car radio, a
Blaupunkt Tucson. Non-car radio information would also be interesting to
me.

John

jbclem
August 18th 03, 04:24 AM
John,

Thanks for the ideas...this is a car stereo and the cassette is supposed to
be pulled into the transport when it is pushed to a certain point. That
doesn't happen most times, and when I am successful in pushing it inside,
nothing happens and it is very difficult to remove. I've hooked it up out
of the dash and turned on the unit, with the top cover off so I could see
the mechanism, but I didn't see a belt and I'm not sure if car stereo tape
transports even use belts. I've also been looking to see if Sams has a
repair guide for this car stereo(or for any car stereo) but haven't found
anything yet.

The classic problems you mentioned are the kind of thing I want to learn
about. I just need some basic repair diagrams(showing where to lube the
capstain, etc...and some basic explanations of the workings of the tape
mechanism) and then I can at least eliminate the obvious possibilities. I
have books on VCR repair but I haven't found anything comparable for
cassette units. I'll just have to keep looking. Thanks again.

John