PDA

View Full Version : Re: Burning audio cds on pc from sound-in?

Arny Krueger
August 17th 03, 02:14 PM
"Mark W Modrall" > wrote in message

> Hi...
>
> I'm trying to transfer some of my cassettes to cd via my IBM
> thinkpad computer. I have a tapedeck that can connect to the pc via
> sound-in, but I don't know what software would be good for recording
> and then burning.
>
> I downloaded Shampoo mp3 studio deluxe and got a trial key,
> but i don't see where it allows for recording from sound-in. It will
> rip a cd in the drive, but not from sound-in.

Take a look at:

(1) Goldwave - downloadable shareware
(2) The simple Audio editors that come with CDEX and EAC which are
downloadable freeware.
(3) Audacity - a simple, competetent, freeware, open source editor.

Google will route you to download sites quickly and easily.

All of these products will record 16/44 stereo .wav files which is what you
need to burn audio CDs with.