PDA

View Full Version : mics with built in preamp

BillChin
August 13th 03, 06:04 AM
Archos offers one for $49:

http://www.archos.com/products/miscellanous_product_list.html
Dynamic Stereo Microphone • Designed for ARCHOS Jukebox
Recorder, Jukebox FM Recorder & Jukebox Multimedia Products

Anybody using this? Any others worth a look under $100? Primary use
would be for live recording using a MP3 player such as an Archos
Jukebox. Thanks.
+ Bill

Todd H.
August 18th 03, 04:28 PM
(BillChin) writes:
> Archos offers one for $49:
>
> http://www.archos.com/products/miscellanous_product_list.html
> Dynamic Stereo Microphone • Designed for ARCHOS Jukebox
> Recorder, Jukebox FM Recorder & Jukebox Multimedia Products
>
> Anybody using this? Any others worth a look under $100? Primary use
> would be for live recording using a MP3 player such as an Archos
> Jukebox. Thanks.
> + Bill

I haven't had a chance to audition it yet. I'm not sure if we talked,
but Soundprofessionals.com makes a very nice preamplified mic that has
a very quiet and very flexible battery poewred preamp. It's a hell of
a lot more than $100 though.

I have a similar device and you may be interested in my detailed write
up on what I use to record with my Nomad Jukebox (which also has a
line level input for recording):
http://www.toddh.net/music/njb/

If I were in your position, I'd make the $50 gamble and just get it.
Nothing else out there is even close in price point. Be sure to
share your experience!

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H