PDA

View Full Version : Splitting signal from recording chain to recorder and monitor amp

August 12th 03, 09:37 PM
I am doing some project recording and I am using only a mic pre and a
compressor in my chain, no mixing console. I wish to split my output
so it goes to both my recorder and my power amp so I can audition the
sound in "real" realtime and make my adjustments, my aardvark 2020+
dosent let me have the signal pass through. Can I have some advice
from the group on making a cable for this and what it will do to the
signal. Thanks in advance.

Kenny
August 17th 03, 05:46 AM
Hello,

I recommend getting a "Y" cable and splitting the signal after the
compressor.
It's output should be able to feed two line level inputs with no affect on
the sound.

have fun,

Kenny

> wrote in message
> I am doing some project recording and I am using only a mic pre and a
> compressor in my chain, no mixing console. I wish to split my output
> so it goes to both my recorder and my power amp so I can audition the
> sound in "real" realtime and make my adjustments, my aardvark 2020+
> dosent let me have the signal pass through. Can I have some advice
> from the group on making a cable for this and what it will do to the
> signal. Thanks in advance.

Todd H.
August 18th 03, 04:26 PM
writes:

> I am doing some project recording and I am using only a mic pre and a
> compressor in my chain, no mixing console. I wish to split my output
> so it goes to both my recorder and my power amp so I can audition the
> sound in "real" realtime and make my adjustments, my aardvark 2020+
> dosent let me have the signal pass through. Can I have some advice
> from the group on making a cable for this and what it will do to the
> signal. Thanks in advance.

Important question: what kind of output does your your last piece of
signal processing gear have?

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/