PDA

View Full Version : How to better extract voice from VCR VHS cassette?

Jason Whorton
August 8th 03, 12:30 AM
Hello. I have a VHS cassette with an off-road motorcyclist riding a
motorcycle. The video and audio is recorded on a medium quality at best
small camera on the motorcyclist's helmet. On occasion, he is talking,
but with the wind noise and engine noise, it is very difficult to hear
what he is saying. I am wanting to run the audio into my PC, then
record portions of the audio. I have tried this, and the Windows Media
Player EQ is not good enough to filter out the noise like I want it to.
Can someone recommend a freeware or shareware program to download
that will better handle this job? Is there a 1/3 octave EQ PC
program? I am assuming the guy's voice is mostly centered in the
3,000Hz range, so I was just planning on fully cutting the highest
frequency, then keep cutting the next lower and next lower until the
guy's voice was effected.
Is there a better solution than playing it back and just trying to
equalize it out?

Thank you very much for any suggestions,
Jason Whorton